Furniture for your office can be quite a large investment, and you want to make sure that investment lasts. Having a clean office with well maintained professional office furniture creates a positive environment for your employees, and especially a good impression for potential clients. Incorporating the following habits will make your furniture last for years to come.
Take Proper Care of Wood Veneer
- Often we will get questions on how to take care of a wood veneer desk, and what cleaning products to use. The best way to clean and maintain your executive desk or other office furniture is to clean all surfaces regularly with a water dampened soft cloth; and to make sure to always wipe with the grain. Avoid using any cleaning products that have an oil base.
- Make sure to clean spills right away. Liquids can cause warping or ripples in wood if they’re allowed to settle in to your furniture. .
- Avoid exposing furniture to extreme heat or cold; also avoid wide humidity variance.
- Lift Objects to remove them; never pull them across the surface.
Take Proper Care of your Leather
- Avoid keeping furniture in direct sunlight, as it can cause fading.
- For regular cleaning, remove as much soil or staining as possible by carefully vacuuming or brushing, then dust with a dry or damp cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or cleaners that are alcohol based. You must clean only with cleaners that are specifically designed for cleaning leather surfaces.Make sure to also create a work culture that places an emphasis on cleanliness and organization. Using these simple steps will help protect your furniture, and extend its life for many years to come.